Replaced the site with Laravel and Vue Version
Simple Estimate was the first Saas I worked on. I thought I would develop it and put it out there and BAM, instant success.
Unfortunately it didn't quite work like that. Even with my feeble attempts at advertising it didn't acquire any paid customers in the first 9 months. After that I decided to make all of the paid features free except one: the ability to have multiple users.
Over the past 7 years it has had some paying customers, but never enough to really make much difference.
The software has languished over the years that made adding things and making updates to it really tricky.
I finally just replaced the website with a brand new version written in Laravel and Vue.js. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. I also got a chance to fix some of the things I did wrong initially like the pricing, adding a free trial, adding some necessary features, and using some of my learnings with SEO.
I'm excited to see how this moves the needle.